Tuesday, September 30, 2014

1-year Anniversary With Myself and October-time!

Most of you all know that today is the day.  One year since I quit smoking.  It's... kind of a big deal.  With so many family members that have smoked my entire life, it's something I swore I'd never do.  That outlook changed a little bit when I turned 18 and wild.  I can't believe I can now say that I smoked for 8 years!  The only time I truly quit was during each of my pregnancies.  It makes me sad that I did that to my body for so long!  BUT... at least it's over now, and my health is more in focus than it's ever been.  So, it's pretty exciting!!!  The app on my phone "Cessation Nation" has really been a blessing.  It not only tells me how much money I'm saving (approx. $1,000 per year!!!) but also shows the statistics of my health.  There are some things I won't arrive at for 10-15 years, such as risk for lung cancer and heart disease.  It won't be down to that of a person who has never smoked til I'm near 40!  So please.... STOP EFFIN SMOKING.  And if you feel like you should, EFFIN DON'T.  Okay?  Great, thanks.



Also, it is the last day of September, and I will be SO happy to see October.  My first reporting of my progress, my birthday will be coming up, Halloween, and mostly just waking up in a new month tomorrow morning will be pretty nice.  It's been a bit of an emotional past week and I'm looking forward to brushing all that off.  It's so nice to be able to deal with life-happenings in ways that aren't... toxic.  Sorry for being so vague, but I guess I just mean, the road to health is not just a physical one, and it feels good to have come this far, even if it's just the beginning.  So thank you all for your support lately.  Especially Shawna Girl who has been there SO MUCH , NO MATTER WHAT TIME OF DAY.  For letting me whine in countless texts, but still whipping my arse into shape.  Love ya bestie.




Can't wait to see what this next month brings!!!!!  I will be back here tomorrow with some *hopefully* pretty exciting progress!  So stay tuned :)

MUAH!!!

3 comments:

  1. Awe!!! I am in your blog! I love this!!! I also love that you are an amazing mother and such an inspiration to them! All of your hard work will pay off for you and your little family!!! You are a girl with her priorities straight, and people like that are getting harder and harder to find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't ask permission to name you, buuuuuuuuuuuut I did anyway :) Love ya.

      Delete