Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Month 1 Progress :)


Hello and good morning!  Happy October 1st!  Goodbye month #1 and hello month #2 :)  This morning I woke up with a hopeful heart.  Finally got some rest last night and feeling a little refreshed!  So as you can imagine, the first thing I did when I rolled out of bed this morning was hop on that scale.  It's been waiting for me for a month lol.  I was so pleased with the number!!!  I am seeing some real proof of how hard I've been working!  It's so encouraging.  So, with that said.  Lemme break it down fo ya.

Things I've Lost: Month 1:

-THIRTEEN POUNDS!!!!!

- Several inches.  I never measured myself as far as inches go, but I will share this little delightful fact with you... A PAIR OF SKINNY JEANS AND A PAIR OF SKINNY DRESS PANTS NOW BUTTON AFTER A YEAR OF OWNING THEM AND NEVER BEING ABLE TO GET THEM TO BUTTON OR EVEN ZIP ALL THE WAY!!!  I had a date Saturday and the jeans just slipped right on, no problem.  (Not a bad feeling before heading out the door to meet someone.)  Then this morning my dress pants for work... SAMEZIES!!!  It's a big deal.  I look forward to the day when I can discuss publicly the extreme measures I (like many big girls) have gone to to alter my appearance/ wear certain things.  I'm just not ready yet lol.

-Shirts.  Along with fitting into some smaller things, several shirts are already too big for me to wear.  My wardrobe is changing.  Although some of the expensive things make me sad to see them go, this is a GREAT THING!  See ya later, big shirts!

-Bad Hair.  I finally got to shed the rest of that formerly-dyed-black-and-dead-forever hair.  Now I have a super short and fun cut that I love and my hair is natural and healthy again!  (Not that anyone really cares lol, but it feels so much better.)

Things I've Gained: Month 1:

-A little confidence. I've always struggled with this, even when I was in high school and worked out 4-5 hours a day and in the best shape of my life.  ANYWAY, I've been so down on myself for so long for my physical appearance, that I've kind of sold my self short on everything I DO have to offer and the gifts I have been blessed with.  Feeling better physically has just kind of started to scratch the surface on all the things I've got goin' for me, which are a lot.  It's been nice to start seeing some of these things again.

-A great support system.  You have no idea how much even just one little sentence or one little text or comment encourages me.  I have a little handful of some real champions that have stepped into some really supportive roles in my life right now.  So, thank you for that.  So grateful I get to share life with you, my loves.

-Physical activities with my babies.  I've always done stuff with my boys *duh* but it's better than it ever has been before and I am starting to be able to do more and more with them.  For example, walking/hiking through Silver Dollar City for 9 hours without stopping, 1 of those hours being touring Marvel Cave.  We've also been going on walks around the neighborhood.  We also have a new thing where I go on runs (also in our neighborhood) while Weston rides his bike and Waylon rides his scooter.  These are my favorites.  Just feeling comfortable again with moving my body and awakening all the muscles has been... great.  Nothing greater though than to see how happy my boys are when we're doing stuff together :)

-A soft heart.  This might sound totally lame-o, but it's true.  I've been through (just like everyone else on the planet) some serious SHITE these last few years, and that has caused me to end up having a very 'hard heart.'  I've gotten kind of obsessed with bettering myself.  So much so that I've put up some serious walls with people.  Family, friends, romance, all of it.  Even to a point where I've realized I've become very reclusive and also swallowed up in my own negativity.  Well, things change.  Life is ever-changing and the heart is ever-evolving and I find that very... whimsical, really!  Although I've learned you can't CONTROL who is in your life, you can definitely make sure everyone in it knows how much they mean to you.  Letting people back in has really made me start to understand again that they are what make life...well...life.  I am no longer letting what's happened to me control my future.  I have been happy on my own these last few months, truly so so happy,  but it doesn't have to be that way forever :)  This quote in a new favorite song of mine has really just been on my heart as of late:  "What is happiness worth anyway if no one's there left to share it?"  So yeah, there's that.

 
So yeah!!!  There you have it, my progress for month 1.  Thanks so much for taking time out of your day to read this.  Now time for corn mazes and hayrides and pumpkins and beautiful colors of fall!  Halloween promises to be pretty fun this year at the Wright Household.  Also, I hear that 27 is the best year ever, so maybe this birthday is something to look forward to this year.  Right, Shawna? ;)

Hope you all have a SUPERULTRAMEGAAWESOME day.  Love.

2 comments: