Wednesday, September 17, 2014

My first "Whatever I Want Wednesday"- SLEEP

Hey there pals!  How are you all doing on this gully-washer of a morning in The Ozarks?!  I only wish I could be at home right now to enjoy it and let it lul me right back to sleep.  That's what I wanted to talk about today- SLEEP!  In this case actually, the lack there of.  This is me today....



For over a year now, as many of you know, I've been getting up at 4am.  You might also know that that schedule has truly been a Godsend!  Contrary to popular belief, this was actually the time that me getting great sleep began.  Prior to that my sleep was spread so thin.  My oldest son started sleeping 12 hours per night (sometimes more) when he was just 1 month old.  I was so lucky and he was just... easy.  He DEFINITELY didn't prepare me for my little number 2 (hehe).  My little one has never been a good sleeper.  I honestly don't know if he's slept 12 hours at once his entire life! LOL!  He talks in his sleep, he wakes up a lot, he has nightmares often (just like his mommy) and he's an early bird.  The kid is just so full of energy and doesn't require much sleep.  Not until our schedule changed did I find a way to improve things.  We now are in bed by 745 most nights and asleep by 8.  This makes my baby's early rising not so early anymore.  When he sleeps until 6 or 7 on the weekends, it's like sleeping til 12 was when we were teenagers!  It's amazing.  So.  Now, all of that said, here is a typical day for me:

4am- wake up
520am- leave for school/work
6-230- work
3- pick up boys from school
330-530- workout/playtime
530- dinner
6-7- housework/ homework/playtime
7- get ready for bed
730- bedtime stories
8- snoozing

That all sounds pretty simple right?  Well even with the simplest of schedules comes stress.  I'm used to being stressed.  Come to think of it, being stressed out doesn't stress me out anymore!!! LOL.  (All you moms out there know exactly what lies within that statement.)  But every once in awhile, there are things that do keep us from sleeping.  Things that creep into the deepest corners of our minds and make themselves comfy there, knowing they're taking up the room that once allowed for peaceful rest.  95% of the time I am more than able to keep these things at bay, but lately they are taking over during the hours that most of us are sawing logs.  Between my horrendous nightmares (which discussing that will have to be in a different post entirely) and the prevalent thoughts of things I need to find a better way of dealing with, my sleep is lacking.  SO.

I just wanted to share that so I could share this.

BEING WELL-RESTED MAKES A WHOLE WORLD'S DIFFERENCE TO OUR BODIES!!!

I actually wrote sleep right up there, but changed it to well-rested.  I have been sleeping, just not nearly enough.  I can tell a difference in how I feel physically and also the level at which my brain is functioning.  The energy and motivation is lower too.  Maybe it's just a tired week?  Who knows.  What I want to know is... how do you make sure you're getting fully and well-rested at night? 

I'm a total morning person and proud of it for sure, so maybe that's why this is annoying me so :)

This was basically just me truly babbling, but I hope someone can relate to it.  If so, tell me about it!

Why?  Cuz this....


No comments:

Post a Comment