Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Our Little Trip To KC



The boys and I seem to have fun no matter what we're doing, but in honor of Spring Break AND being locked inside all winter, we just wanted a little getaway.

I haven't been to Kansas City since I went to a Chiefs game since I was really young, so I'm pretty unfamiliar.  The main reason I chose to go there was because that's where LEGOLAND is.  That and it's only a little over 2 hours away.  So I worked half a day on Friday and we took off.  Something about a road trip is always so exciting.  Even if it's just for a couple days.

ANYWAY-

I just wanted to recommend three places in KC, Mo for any of you with little ones.

1) Our Hotel


2 kings in a King.
Nice furniture to hang out and eat and such.

   
Made themselves at home :)
Waylon approved.


Censored as he was nakey.



Nice pool inside and a big hot tub to go alone with it :)
 

I can't say enough good things about our hotel.  Pictures don't do it much justice, but it was SO nice.  The staff there was wonderful.  One girl working the front desk made arrangements for us to be picked up Saturday morning and taken to downtown KC and offered her service for many things.  Although we didn't take them up on any of it, they were SO polite and friendly and eager to help us out.  It was a truly lovely experience, and was only $70/night.  Truly great!  If you travel there, I highly recommend this one, as it's about 15 minutes outside of the city.  We loved it!

Click here if you're interested :)







2) LEGOLAND Discovery Center

Boys with the jester after the medieval game.
Waylon was THRILLED about this :)


Arial view of Arrowhead Stadium.... in MiniLand!!

Outdoor concert in MiniLand.


Munchkin Land!!! (yes, still ALL LEGOS)


My absolute favorite part of LEGOLAND, Emerald City.
Lego Dorothy and Toto



Pits of legos everywhere!
Weston on a Lego motorcycle.


Merlin, of course.

Great day!

 Again, the pictures really do it no justice.  The boys thought it was just miraculous that a place like this even existed.  It only took a couple hours to get through the whole thing, but they enjoyed it so much.  Very cool and I'm glad I got to take them there!

Here are a few more photos from walking around Crowne Center (where LEGOLAND is located) earlier that morning waiting for everything to open.






 


 

 


 



3) T-Rex Café


 







This place- WOW!  This was my favorite part of the trip.  I'm kind of a nerdy dinosaur feen.  Jurassic Park came out when I was 7 years old, and they've had my heart since.  So this was just as fun for me as it was for the kids!  I could've stayed there all day.  It's a two-story restaurant and we sat upstairs.  The pictures above are all taken from where we were sitting.  Our area was like the set of Ice Age.  The ceiling and walls looked like ice caps and there was light blue lighting.  It was just awesome.  It's worth the wait and worth the drive.  It's located in a place called 'Legends' which is very similar to Branson Landing, right across from Kansas Speedway.  It was truly a delight.  And to make it even better, some close friends of ours happened to be in town also, so we got to enjoy this place together :) You must go there with your kiddies!!!!!

Here's more about T-Rex Cafe!


We really enjoyed our little getaway this weekend, and I just wanted to share (mostly all of the pictures) with you all so you could see how much fun we had!!!  Here's a few more randoms from our trip. 

Thanks for reading!


 
 
 
 
 

 



 

 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Great mini-vacation for The Wright Family :)
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment